For over 30 years, we have been educating students about what takes place on our family farm. Children and teachers alike love field trips at Akron Acres! We provide an interactive guided tour with information about animals geared towards the specific age level of the students. Students will learn about a variety of farm animals including pigs, cows, goats, sheep, chickens and horses. All students are encouraged to have a hands-on experience by touching our animals. The tour also includes a pony ride and have a hayride around our crop fields.
During the spring field trip season, we focus the tour on the babies of the barn and the crops growing in the field. Some of those babies include lambs, baby goats, calves and chicks. We have newborn chicks hatching daily in the incubator. The springtime also allows us the opportunity to show the students the tadpoles developing in our pond area.
Tours include the following:
- Educational barn tour, poultry barn tour, pony ride and hayride
- Indoor and heated picnic facilities available to eat lunch
- Clean, flush toilet restrooms and running water for handwashing
- Spring tours are $11.00 per person
- They are available Monday to Friday, late April to mid-June
All farm tours and visits are by reservation only. See our calendar for available dates.
E-mail Laura for more information or reservations or fill out our online form below.