For 27 years the Kelkenberg's have been educating children about what takes place on our family farm. Students and Teachers LOVE field trips at Akron Acres! Learning can be fun! We provide a hands-on guided tour with information about the animals geared toward the specific age level of the students. Students will learn about pigs, cows, goats, sheep, chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, donkeys, horses and more. All students are encouraged to have first hand experience by touching all of our animals. Plus they will ride a pony and have a country hayride. During the spring field trip season we feature our “babies.” Born throughout May and June you’ll see lambs, kids (baby goats), ducklings, chicks, piglets, and more. For summer field trips you’ll appreciate the cool summer breezes under the massive sugar maple trees on the farm and covered picnic area to shield you from the sun. During the fall field trip season every student will visit the “Pumpkin Patch” to pick their own pumpkin.
Tours include the following:
- Educational barn tour, poultry tour, pony rides and hayrides
- Indoor and heated picnic facilities available so bring your lunch
- Clean, flush toilet restrooms and running water for hand washing
- Spring tour $8.50 per person from April through mid June
- Fall tour $9.50 per person includes a pumpkin you harvest from the patch from September through October.
- Small Summer time group tours $150.00 minimum covers 15 guests and includes a hayride, pony rides and tour.
All Farm tours and visits are by reservation only. Click here for available dates.
Call or e-mail Mrs. Kelkenberg for more information or reservations.